CBD and Anxiety
CBD And Anxiety
Anxiety is an integral part of the human experience. It is an adaptive response that helps man to recognize, cope with and avert potential threats to his safety or well being. These natural responses motivate us to escape from unfavorable situations and improve our general outlook on life. With this perspective, you may wonder how and why anxiety can play a negative role in the life of an individual.
It may interest you to know that the inability to effectively manage natural responses to situations can result in a negative impact, leading to the development of anxiety disorders.
Understanding The Difference Between Anxiety And Anxiety Disorder
It is essential to identify the key difference between anxiety and anxiety disorders as only one of the two terms requires treatment.
As stated earlier, anxiety is a natural human reaction to any stressful situation. Anxiety is essential for our survival as it initiates a fight or flight responses which enables us to tackle potentially dangerous situations. In the modern world, anxiety revolves around our work, family, relationship with others and all other aspects of our existence.
Anxiety disorders, on the other hand, occur when our reaction to a situation is out of proportion to what would normally be expected and some physical symptoms, such as nausea, dizziness, increased blood pressure and unexplainable fatigue may become evident. An individual with anxiety disorders is described as one who has recurring and intrusive thoughts or concerns. Such an individual is left in a perpetual state of paranoia and nervousness, and this will inevitably affect his or her ability to live a normal life.
Types Of Anxiety Disorders
• Generalized Anxiety disorder (GAD)
• Social anxiety
• Panic disorder
• Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
• Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
According to statistics, anxiety disorders are the most common group of mental illnesses in the country, affecting 40 million adults. Despite these numbers, it is unfortunate to discover that only about 36% of individuals with this condition receive treatment.
The treatment, usually in the form of prescribed antidepressants often come with a variety of side effects including nausea, fatigue, constipation, and blurred vision. CBD is a natural alternative which can significantly benefit persons with anxiety disorders, causing no side effects.
Benefits Of CBD For Anxiety Disorders
• The hippocampus region of the brain is responsible for producing neurons in the brain which may eventually cause anxiety. CBD inhibits this function by lowering the amount of neurons produced in the hippocampus region and allowing only a few active neurons to remain active; this helps to regulate brain function and provide relief from anxiety properly.
• Low serotonin levels in the brain lead to the development of anxiety disorders and depression. CBD helps to activate and enhance the production of serotonin in the body.
• The effect of CBD in the brain produces a calming effect and a feeling of relaxation and happiness which is in sharp contrast to the "high" produced by its psychoactive counterpart, THC.
• CBD also activates adenosine receptors in the brain which in turn activates dopamine; a neurotransmitter responsible for the regulation of emotions, glutamate which enhances cognitive function and memory as well as other important neurotransmitters.
When compared to pharmaceutical products such as antidepressants which are typically used in the treatment of anxiety-related disorders, CBD comes up tops. It has no known negative side effects and has been shown to be more effective in providing relief from anxiety and other related disorders. Vaping can provide a speedy way to get CBD to work on the endocannabinoid system for relief, tinctures as well. Shop our vape products and tinctures today!